Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A FROG`S PAD

 PLANTED SPA 2
Having been rare around these parts of late, I figured I owed you an update on my endeavors.
This is the stage of my project & although not yet completed, introducing plants, is a clear signal that I`m winding down.
I don`t know the extent of the plantings in the landscaping, but I`m thrilled to tell you that I`m sure you will be amazed.
The lady, Vilija, is a "plant lady", & I love going through her gardens. With that in mind, I try not to even envisage the final look, as I know I will be stunned.
In the header, a 27 image merge.
I have it here trailing off the page as an indicator of it`s size in the original.
Do go & check out the original on flickr, but you`ve been notified that it is a large file.
Nonetheless, I think it is worth taking a look at. I`m surprised at how detailed such a tiny preview is when enlarged. The scene is the flags of 911.
Sorry about my absence, but I was having too much fun on the project.
So sue me.
Have a great day
PS,Olivia, if you know of any homeless frogs, they are welcome here. One thing, I`ll only accept royal ones.

8 comments:

AndiF said...

That's a really fascinating garden. What a wonderful project. I especially like how the stone and water work together to build an cohesive but subtle sense of structure.

olivia said...

Hi Head, hi Andi.

Head -- it's looking great, especially with theplant materials going in ... how long does it take to get them acclimated?

(I'll make sure to tell all the frog kings, queens, princes, and princesses to hop west ... ;-)

Knucklehead said...

Andif,
Thanks, it`s more fun than work.
It`s also not completed yet, & will be a work in progress for years to come.
I`ll have the waterfalls working within a few days.
I`ve done the tests of the falls & I just have to set them up properly with the manipulation of a few valves to control the flow & amount to each set of falls. There`s also a hot waterfall that is on a secondary system that dumps into the saltwater spa, seen in some of the photos.

Knucklehead said...

Olivia,
The plants are all from another pond I built a few years ago, so they are all local & already adapted to the local conditions. I`ll be introducing fish within a few weeks.
It`s like building a live photo-shoot studio.

I`m partial to the princesses, but they are all welcome.
You see, I`m a leg man. (God I kill myself)

Anonymous said...

There have been lots of frogs hopping across the roads of ND these past few weeks. It looks like the word is out and they are on the way. That's a beautiful project you're working on!

Knucklehead said...

Msndd.
Thank you for pointing the frogs in the right direction.
I don`t really work there. I have a great time doing the project though. Can you really call it work, when it`s so much fun? It will be an evolving piece over a few years till it`s a self sustaining ecosystem, (pond-wise)

Annie said...

"r-r-ribet, r-r-r-ibet"....
Pudsy;-)

Knucklehead said...

Well Pudsy,
It seems the tables are turned. If I kiss you, will you be my princess?