Thursday, April 8, 2010

WHEN IRIS EYES ARE SMILING

 IRIS EYES
This morning this flower was just a bud showing a little bit of skirt.
By four o`clock, it had opened to this.
I have a bunch of these in the front by the fountain also, but they won`t open for about a week I`d say.
I changed the header since I was tired of looking at Las Vegas at night.
Over on Planet Earth, we were about to leave The Brig, so I took a picture of Teri with the Rolls.
It`s really a great car.
The Brig
Damn what a place.
I used to hang there many many years ago.
I used to hustle pool there starting at six in the morning when it opened.
It was quite a dive when I frequented the place, but it`s renovated now to keep up with the times.
It`s just around the corner from Electric Avenue.
I should mention that I hope you have a nice day since we`ll be into the high seventies again tomorrow.
One of my clients, a doctor & pie maker par excellence, dropped off a steaming apple pie, although we`d just finished some strawberry shortcakes with homemade heavy whipped cream, so tomorrow shall be Pie Day.
I was out taking shots of the iris when the phone rang.
He said he wanted to bring a pie to us while the aroma was still wafting about.
I asked him where he was & he said, "Your front door!"
Another day in paradise.

7 comments:

AndiF said...

Wow, a doctor who makes house calls and bring pie -- another day in paradise indeed. Another day in paradise indeed.

Loved all the flower pictures but the way the the colors and shadows combined in DSCN6652 made it my favorite.

The Rolls really isn't my kind of car, though Teri certainly makes it look good. Now if you'd like to place Teri in front of a 1949 MG TC ...

MsNDD said...

Enjoying the sharing of your California life (a place I've never been to)! Who you & Teri are makes it even more special. :)

Knucklehead said...

AndiF,
I was only joking about the Rolls.

Knucklehead said...

MsNDD,
Thank you for your lovely words.
You know you`re always welcome, that way you`ll never be able to say you`ve never been.

postphidias said...

... This is a marvellous zen-like moment, Tony
... You have recorded something in between the iris
... and it's shadow.

postphidias said...

... This is a marvellous zen-like moment, Tony
... You have recorded something in between the iris
... and it's shadow.

Knucklehead said...

postphidias.
Thank you very much.