Tuesday, July 29, 2008

GALACTIC STAR

 AMAZING UNIVERSE DSCN0215
The little universes we usually do not see, are no less infinite than the large incomprehensible ones that are expanding into smaller ones yet. String theories & dimensional warping are often overlooked as something for people of higher learning.
I never bought into that sales pitch. I can look into things large or small & create my own reality. Who can argue about what I think. Those thoughts are mine , & mine only.
Tonight I was thinking of a dense field of globular gas planetary bodies spawned from a fission reaction, that encroached on the space, usually acknowledged to be the realm of the Master Stars. I was able to capture these mental machinations digitally tonight, & present to you, obvious proof, that my thoughts can be shared although they remain mine & mine only.
So go explore your world, & figure out what it means to you. It`s all yours.
This image is in reality a scaled depiction of one of my discoveries.
The scale is a diminution one. The globules are less than 1/16th of an inch in diameter, & are air bubbles trapped in the molded plastic of an 8 ounce glass. The Brittle Star, (one of three), I discovered by chance while maintaining a peripheral component of one of my reefs.
I cut out a piece of white office paper to fit into the bottom of the aforementioned glass, added an inch of sea water, & introduced the found specimens. Bringing the glass of life out on the deck, I took a few shots through the glass, to the star, to create a new theory of the universe.
There`s really a nut case out there, putting things in containers & looking at it in different light conditions & throwing the results out there to see if any of it sticks.
It sounds about as plausible as string theory, right? .... Right??

3 comments:

AndiF said...

Well that was interesting. Makes me want to go down to the creek and see what critters I can find to take photos of (too bad it's too late for the water striders).

I particularly liked DSCN0217.

Unknown said...

Right, at least as plausible as string theory... although I'm a tad rusty on that'n.

I'll have to review your treatise in the wee hours when I'm at full brain power.

For now, however, my favorite shot is 217. The top 1/3 of which appears to be above the "water level" and looks like a planetary landscape, with some moon light shining through a fog.

Also I like the header, looks like star ballet!

Well, once again you've stimulated my creative thought pattern... we shall see later what that may have wrought!

Hey, just noticed now that was the one AndiF like too. Now I know I'm on the "right" track, ha ha!

Knucklehead said...

Hi Andif & NDD,
I liked that one also.
But just being able to rescue them from death is a much better reward.
I learned a long time ago to always check my filter bags before throwing them in bleach water. I find dozens of copepods, bristle worms, once in a while a fish, snails & even a large cucumber slug the other day.