Thursday, May 28, 2009

GOLDEN CHILD

DSCN6944
This is a single image post tonight, but I`ll have many more images from this series I shot over two days posted tomorrow.
This is a Percula Clownfish & it calls home, the Green Torch Coral, it spends all it`s time in & around.
It`s always a guessing game, as to where it will poke it`s head out of the mass of green globules.
It shares this coral head with another similar looking clownfish called a False Percula, though they are different species.
Most fish of different species usually don`t use the same home base nor get along that well, but these two species are a bright exception to the rule.
You`ll see them together tomorrow, if I can get them both in the same shot, in an acceptable composition.
Have a great day.

3 comments:

AndiF said...

Well Dr. Livingston (::smile::), I presume that all the pictures to come will be as wondrous and pleasing as all that have been.

Anonymous said...

O my!
thank you the malibu comfort. what a lovely relax-ful place!!
dscn6863 is fantastic.

thank you
ria

olivia said...

LOL Andi...:)

I love how you can see the belly ridges on the fish! In this shot and Milk Carton Kid.