Thursday, April 24, 2008

CLEANER WRASSE

 UNGULATING DSCN8200
This is probably the best shot of this fish, I`ve taken so far.
This Cleaner Wrasse, is in constant motion, & stops only to bed down at night after enveloping himself in a small mucus membrane, resembling a sleeping bag. This protects him from predators who would possibly smell him out in the wild.
During daylight hours no fish will prey on him as a beneficial member to all others on a reef. He cleans all other fish, & will even clean my hand if I put it in the water.
Pippi, is sporting her new pajamas.
The Blue Legged Hermit crab, has just molted
Also, check out the header, & figure that one out.
Oh, Also, have a great day.

5 comments:

AndiF said...

Well it's too early to try to figure things out so I just looked and let all the loveliness, strangeness, wonderfulness just flow right over me. Pretty good way to start the day.

olivia said...

And you've captured him beautifully! Wow ... what a face ... :) Love that electric blue colour.

And love Pippi's stockings ... :D

Knucklehead said...

Andif,
That`s the best way to start everyday.
Luckily, you`ve obviously figured that out, & apparently, not recently.

Knucklehead said...

Olivia,
Plus, it`s rarely seen in captivity, as it usually does not fare well.
With that reputation, most reefers don`t wish to acquire it, which leaves more of them on the reef.
Being ignorant of that fact, I was lucky enough to have had one 'sold' to me, over five years ago.
Although Pippi`s stockings are the same color, they are brand new. I`m looking for a new house for her.
I`m going to give her some choices & let her decide.

olivia said...

Can't wait to see which one she selects. :)