Monday, April 13, 2009


This has to be a short one, but I have some surprises set for tomorrow.
As usual I shoot more than I can keep up with.
I put Olivia`s Orchid over on Planet Earth, along with a Coconut salad.
On the main post, the little female Mandarin , almost as poisonous as the "Pumpkin" zoas, it`s showing us.
As if she grew them.
There`s also a few crabs behind the image.
I usually don`t put crabs on a pedestal, but I hear the view from up there is fantastic.
Have a great tomorrow.


AndiF said...

I loved DSCN5059 -- the crabs looks like it's doing a delicate dance.

And the colors in the post picture -- especially the blues (both background and fish) -- are just exquisite.

olivia said...

Hi Head, hi Andi.

Head -- I love the orchid shot looking up into the light. It's beautiful!

Knucklehead said...

That`s what pre-focusing & laying-in-wait, gets you.
It is sometimes a disappointment.
That`s why it`s called fishing, & not "catching".
The Mandarin may just make a left turn, out of range & depth of field, at the most inopportune moment.

The crab on a Leather "Toadstool" coral, is basically trapped on the pedestal, albeit with a grand view of the reef. All the polyps of the coral are retracted in this image.
I`ll post one tonight to show it when the polyps are extended.

Knucklehead said...

I was just walking by & noticed it backlit.
A good many of my shots are the end result of random coincidental observations.
I am glad you like it, since I took other ones also, with your name on them.

Anonymous said...

DSCN5052 reminds me of what the guy is working on in this video....


RiaD said...

will this work now?

Knucklehead said...

It does remind me of it too.
I know what my mystery is though.
It`s the dotted scales on one of my fish.
And is Sarah a beauty or what.

Knucklehead said...

Yup, you got it.
Good work.

Spencer P. Nagle said...


Fish eye lense

Knucklehead said...

Spencer, thank you