Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A MEAN BLUE STREAKER

 CRAB DSCN1378
Tonight on my way home, I stopped to help some strangers who seemed to be in need of help, or it was a staged event so our paths would cross.
I parked on the side of the road & walked back to their disabled car. I met a couple from Toronto, here by invitation to show the man`s (James) experimental film work.
We had a long talk on a myriad of subjects, & I was invited to the gallery where his project will be shown.
It wasn`t strange that nobody else stopped, but it was strange how in the dark of night the only person who did, had a connection with them.
Since this is "Ladies Night" on this blog, the honoree is Judith (I sure hope I got the name correctly). She is the stranger from Toronto.
On Planet Earth, a plate I found today, only about 4 inches across, has a handpainted young lady who reminds me a little of Ann Margaret. There`s a few rose tips beyond her.
In the header, for those of you who like the blues, a special collection of blue beauties.
Have a great day tomorrow, & stop to help a stranger if you think it`s safe.
For myself, I always stop, & let the other people determine if I`m safe.

10 comments:

AndiF said...

I'm glad you got such a pleasant reward for being a nice guy.

Um, why is a blue streaker red?

Knucklehead said...

Andif,
He talks such a blue streak, he`s red.
No, really, the title of the post is a combination of the "blue" mushrooms, the gay, or really happy "streaking" starfish prancing around, & "mean" to go with "talking a mean blue streak".
Now, iirc, you dont get to see all the other images?
Tell me if that`s the case. I`ll do something to change it.

Nancy P said...

I love that story.

Mr. Mean looks ritzy with gold flakes on his back.

Family Man said...

Morning Head and everyone.

I see what you meant by a blue streak. While going through the pictures I found I like xl DSCN1388 very much. It looks like a heart with a piece taken out.

I agree with Andi about your pleasant reward. Years ago I had a frightening experience after picking up a couple of hitchhikers. I haven't been so open to picking up anyone after that. I'm glad to see your act of kindness turned out so well.

Hope you have a good one Head.

olivia said...

It's a small world ... :-)

AndiF said...

Now, iirc, you dont get to see all the other images?

I don't always go look at them -- depends on my mood. I have to be feeling patient. Of course, if I'm somewhere there's wifi, then I definitely look at them.

Knucklehead said...

Hi Nancy p,
Mr. Mean is a gold digger.

Knucklehead said...

Good day, FM,
It`s funny you say that, about the heart.
When I was going through them, I had the same visual.
As far as hitchhiking goes, I`ve logged dozens & dozens of thousands of miles crisscrossing North America & Austrailia.
I`ve ran into trouble many times but was always able to exticate myself with a minimum of trouble.
On the other hand, those experiences have also led me down a dark path at times where I would take advantage of others. Instead of telling these guys they were going the wrong way, I just had them drive another 200 miles out of their way, but it got me about two blocks from my house. I pretended I lived at a certain house & when they left I skeddadled through back yards over to my house & hid till the next day.
Oh well. I was a teenager then .

Knucklehead said...

Olivia,
It sure is, & it`s getting smaller.
I started swearing at him like a Quebecois, & had him laughing eh.

Knucklehead said...

Thanks Andif,
I didn`t know if you could or couldn`t access them.
I would have sent them to you in a smaller email version.