Thursday, October 4, 2007

REVOLTING

 Filtered 2select light  DSCN2372
One of the difficult things in photography is capturing the human form & portraits. (my opinion).
I find that children are easier than adults.
Adults are, for the most part, not appreciative of how difficult it is, unless the image is flattering to them, in their minds.
I never shoot adults. ( I`d like to shoot the rude ones), so I practice with my twin. This was taken today on the spur of the moment with no prep. The lighting was good & the bricks were there. For technical practice, every photographer should definitely take portraits as often as possible. It`s a humbling excersise. An old artist friend of mine, who I spent many years with, had portraits of his twin from the time he was 16 years old till age 70, painted in oils, every few years.
In the header, a drum circle of natives from the Great White Beyond. That`s higher up than the North one.
And for the revolution go have a drink on Planet Earth.
I`m falling asleep so I`ll wish you all a sunny day tomorrow & be sure to be nice to someone. Anyone, ..please.

7 comments:

olivia said...

Hello Head's twin ... ;)

I agree w/ you on portraits. It's very tricky. Haven't really done a lot, but what I have has been a revelation ... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey KH,
Your twin is looking good.
But being your other twin, I'm a little biased.

Knucklehead said...

Olivia,
I`ll tell him you said "Hello.

Knucklehead said...

Anonymous,
I thought I told you to stay away from here.
There`s a reason I kept this place secret. You`re always being the evil one. Then you show up with nice words. After what you did to surprise your brother the last time, I don`t know if I should trust you.

Knucklehead said...

Anonymous,
What a pleasant surprise.
I kew I flush out who you were.
On the other hand, I had no idea it was you. I had a friend who said I looked like his brother lasy year, & provided a link. When I went to the link, it was me. I thought he was fooling me again so if you reread the comment I left, it`s a dig at the link he gave me last year. That comment was aimed at dada, & not my real brother. What`s up, & why didn`t you claim your blood.
Your brother Tony.
That`s a good one.
Now I`m going to reply to your email, & set this right.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invitation into the comment zone.
Glad to be out of anonymity.
It was dark under there.
Yep, it's me, the real brother.

I'll be hanging around.

Knucklehead said...

AYE, AYE, matey,
Just don`t hang from the mizzen spar.
Welcome aboard,Landsailor.